Keys 2 Drive Free Driving Lesson
Did You Know That Your Teenager Increases The Risk Of Being Harmed In An Accident By 20 To 30 Times The Day They Move From A Learner Driver To A P Plater?
The Australian Government wants to help our teenagers become better drivers. They have recognised the safety benefits of using a professional fully qualified driving instructor and so created the Keys 2 Drive Program.Keys2drive is a program that helps new drivers prepare for the realities of P-Plate driving. Keys2drive achieves this by:
- equipping supervisors with a practical coaching approach they can use throughout the learning-to-drive journey,
- helping beginning drivers prepare for P-plate driving and beyond, but focuses particularly on remaining free of harm during the first 6 months, when risks are at their highest, and
- encouraging aware, sustainable and safe driving and is a great foundation for lifelong, self-guided learning.
Keys2drive is providing a free 1 hour driving lesson to beginning drivers, which brings the beginning driver and the supervising driver (usually mum or dad) together with a keys2drive accredited professional driving instructor.
Funded by the Australian Federal Government, the free lesson introduces the keys2drive coaching approach ('Find Your Own Way'), with examples of how the supervisor and beginning driver can use this approach when learning to drive.
Keys2drive is a revolutionary approach to learning road safety and the free session is an opportunity for the learner driver, instructor and supervisor to learn this approach together. Participants get lots of great advice and information about how to practise and what to aim for.
The keys2drive free lesson is not intended to replace normal driving lessons (although it does qualify for the 3 for 1 hour log book credit). It should complement them by empowering beginning drivers to find their own way to becoming safer drivers.
Are You Eligible For A Free Keys 2 Drive Lesson?
- You must hold an Australian Learners Permit (i.e passed your Road Rules Test)
- Your fully licenced supervising driver must be in the car for the full 60 minute lesson. This is usually a parent. As part of the lesson your driving instructor will also give advice to the parent on how best to keep you safe and assist you to be a more highly skilled driver. Note: The supervisor/parent must hold an Open Australian Licence, it can be from any State.
- You are only entitled to one free driving lesson
Who Is Not Eligible For A Free Driving Lesson?
If you obtained your full licence from an overseas country and you wish to upgrade your licence to an Australian licence
P Plate drivers who have an automatic drivers licence who wish to upgrade to a manual drivers licence.
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, JUST CONTACT US AND WE CAN SORT IT OUT FOR YOU.
How Do I Get My Free Keys2 Drive Lesson?The keys2drive free lesson is available by registering directly with us on 1300 922 797 or at www.keys2drive.com.au and obtaining your unique ID to provide to us for validation.
What Do I Need To Know About The Free Driving Lesson?
Make sure you bring your Learners Permit and Keys 2 Drive id number to the lesson
Parents/Supervisors will need to bring their full Australian Drivers Licence