Australian Driver Trainers Association ACT Inc - Committee positions 07-Mar-2015
National Driving Academy Pty Ltd directors, Babar Chohan and Stephen Jones, were elected as Vice President and Director, respectively, of the Australian Driver Training Association (ACT) Inc. on 27 June 2013.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote the best possible standards of tuition to the public.
- To support and implement the ACT Government’s Competency Based Training and Assessment Scheme.
- To support and implement matters of road safety.
- To encourage a high moral standard and proficiency in the driver training industry and to invite input from students and the public in this regard.
- To encourage friendly cooperation between instructors, driving schools, the public and the Government.
- To ensure compliance with the Constitution and Rules and the Code of Ethics of the ADTA (ACT).
- To facilitate mutual recognition between states and territories on driver training qualifications.
Babar Chohan said "I am looking forward to continuing to make my contribution to the work of the industry body, ADTA (ACT). My vision for the ADTA is to form a strong bond with frank and open communication for all accredited driving instructors in the ACT necessary to maintain the required high standard of CBT&A in the community and Government. This will ensure that the ADTA remains the most relevant professional body for driving instructors, creating within the ACT community recognition of ADTA, the profession and creating value for members."
Stephen Jones, a former senior fireman, said that "it is important to contribute to the industry and to ensure that we continue to make the roads a safer place. Having experienced first hand the impact of tragic road accidents on occupants, family, friends and our emergency services personnel I am keen to make a difference."
National Driving Academy is proud to support Babar and Stephen in pursuing their community contribution through the ADTA ACT Inc.